Everybody loves Ice cream! Who doesn’t like the taste of sweet, cold creaminess gently melting in your mouth filling your taste buds up with excitement, reminiscent of a summer day in your childhood?
I know I can remember waiting for the happy ring of the Ice Cream truck chiming down the street…begging my mom for 20 cents (can you imagine ice cream being that cheap back then?) so I can choose my favorite frozen treat…
But now…things are different. I am more interested in keeping my health in check….while still enjoying those yummy taste sensations of my past. That’s why I created my own version of healthy yummy ice cream with only FIVE ingredients.
Healthy Chocolate “Ice-Cream”
Author: Elizabeth Scarcella
Recipe Type: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
Serving Size: #1
- 4 ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 T of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dropper of liquid stevia or equivilent
- 1 scoop of whey chocolate protein powder…I use Jay Robb
- ½ medium sized avocado
- Pour almond milk into blender container
- Drop 6 ice cubes in container
- Add the protein powder, stevia, cocoa powder and avocado
- Select “Frozen Desserts” setting on Vita-Mix, Press Start
- Scoop out of container, place in bowl.
Protein Powder is about 110 calories per scoop
Almond mik is 20 calories for 4 ounces
Medium avocado halved is approximately 160 calories
The other ingredients are calorie less.
I can’t wait to hear your comments and questions about how this healthy chocolate ice cream turned out for you!